Looking for your next opportunity and the perfect sea-change? Then look no further!
With competitive rates of pay with shift allowances, not-for-profit salary packaging benefits, visa sponsorship opportunities and a great team, Woolgoolga & District Retirement Village (WDRV) is the place for you.
WDRV’s Unique Employee Value Proposition:
- supportive culture
- strong leadership
- excellent communication across the business
- beautiful, well resourced, working environment
- where you will be given opportunity to grow and succeed
Key responsibilities will include:
- General Ledger Management: Maintain and update the MYOB general ledger by recording financial transactions accurately and timely.
- Accounts Payable/Receivable: Process vendor invoices, perform reconciliations, and assist in managing accounts receivable to ensure smooth cash flow.
- Financial Reporting: Prepare financial reports, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements, providing valuable insights to aid decision-making.
- Bank Reconciliations: Perform regular bank reconciliations and resolve discrepancies promptly.
- Expense Management: Review and process employee expense reports, ensuring adherence to company policies.
- Assisting with Audits: Collaborate with the Business Manager during internal and external audits, providing necessary documentation and support.
- Payroll Support: Assist with complex payroll processing, verifying accuracy and compliance with applicable regulations.
- Tax Compliance: Help ensure tax compliance by preparing and filing accurate tax returns and supporting documentation.
- Financial Analysis: Conduct basic financial analysis to support budgeting, forecasting, and cost control initiatives.
- Process Improvement: Identify areas for process improvement within the finance department and propose innovative solutions.
- Contract and Asset Management: Coordinate Contractor/Supplier Insurances, probity checks etc. Assist with Fixed Asset Register entries, Provide admissions support for new Residents and support the Business Manager with maintaining the Bond Register and Resident Agreements.
- Maintaining privacy & confidentiality at all times
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Proven work experience as an Assistant Accountant or in a similar role.
- Proficiency in MYOB accounting software, MYOB Asset Manager and Microsoft Office suite or similar.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and regulations.
- Excellent organizational skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Effective communication and interpersonal abilities, with a collaborative attitude.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ethical, reliable, and able to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Current Federal Police clearance or willing to obtain
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Are you detail-oriented, analytical, and passionate about numbers? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and have a keen eye for financial accuracy? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you! Woolgoolga & District Retirement Village Ltd is currently seeking a dedicated and skilled Assistant Accountant to join our finance team.
- At Woolgoolga & District Retirement Village Ltd, we pride ourselves on delivering exceptional services to our customers. As a leading player in the aged care and retirement living industries, we are committed to excellence, innovation, and fostering a positive work culture that promotes growth and development. As an Assistant Accountant, you will play a crucial role in maintaining our financial health and ensuring our success continues to soar.
- Hours: 8.30am to 4.30pm 4 days per week
WDRV is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
The mission of Woolgoolga and District Retirement Village is to provide high quality, non-discriminatory, flexible, adaptive housing and aged care services to our clients. Our services are designed to promote our client’s dignity, health, happiness and participation in the community.